Finance for Non-Financial Professionals
This program has been approved for 6 recertification credit hours toward PHR®, SPHR® and GPHAR® recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note Program ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org.
Presented in two 3-hour , this (6) six-hour seminar is designed to familiarize attendees with reading and interpreting the basic financial statements and includes a review of selected publicly traded companies’ annual reports.
- Topics Covered:
- Introduction to Accounting-Annual Report components, Financial statements, Financial measures used to assess companies’ financial health
- The Balance Sheet-assets, Liabilities, Shareholders’ equity, Liquidity measures, Debt ratios
- Cash Flow Statement-Emphasis on Impact of Changes in: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory, Financing Activities, Capital Expenditures
- The Income Statement-Revenue/sales, Cost of goods sold, Gross margin, Operating expenses, Profitability measures-Net income, Inventory Turnover, Earnings per share, Return on Assets, Return on capital
Target Audience: This class will benefit all functional directors, managers and supervisors, human resource professionals, and business owners with limited knowledge of accounting and finance.
- What You Will Learn
- How to read and interpret the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement.
- Identifying types of assets and liabilities.
- How to examine revenues, expense, and profitability.
- Utilizing commonly used ratios to evaluate profitability, liquidity, and leverage.
- Applying the lessons to a variety of financial statements.
*This class can serve as a long elective for The Manufacturers’ Association Supervisory Certificate Program.
Cancellation Policy: Substitutions may be made any time. Cancellations within five business days of the session will be charged.
Questions Contact: by phone or email. Phone – (717) 843-3891 and E-mail: email@example.com