Preventing Job Burnout How to Renew/Retain Enthusiasm for Work
The potential for job burnout is an occupational hazard for anyone balancing a full-time job and a normal life in today’s world. This workshop is designed to explore the many “faces” of job burnout, and what an individual manager, as well as an organization, might do to minimize the potential devastating effects of this syndrome on both themselves and their employees.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- 1. Define what “job burnout” is, and is not.
- 2. Assess how close to burnout they themselves might be both personally and on the job.
- 3. Explore the recommended strategies for preventing job burnout.
- 4. Determine ways to minimize the burnout potential of their overall work environment.
- Program Outline:
- 1. Welcome & Introductions
- 2. Definitions, symptoms, impact
- 3. Self-assessments
- 4. “Paths to Personal Power”
- 5. Summary and Action Planning