Computer Aided Drafting
This 20 hour course is designed to develop an Introductory knowledge of Computer Aided Drafting. The student will learn basic drafting concepts and techniques using AutoCAD 2D Mechanical Drafting Software.
Class will be held on Tuesdays & Thursdays 6-9PM
Upon completion of this course the student should be proficient in;
· Understanding the fundamentals of basic computer aided drafting software.
· Setting up the drafting environment.
· Tool bar selection and management
· Drawing file management
· Template creation and management
· Creation of 2D wire frame drawings
1. Introduction to AutoCad Mechanical
· Drafting environment set up
· Toolbar usage and selection
· View navigation
· Drawing template development and importation
· Drawing storage and management
2. 2D Orthographic drafting techniques
· Geometry and feature creation
· Layer creation and management
· manipulation of elements and features.
· 3rd Angle projection display and views
· Tolerance techniques and implementation
· Drafting examples and workshops