Basic Hydraulics Course #301
This is an instructor led,compentency based program designed for entry level mechanics. The course will introduce mechanics to the fundamentals of Industril Hydraulic controls. The fundamentals hydraulic components such as pumps, hydraulic actuators and accumlators are studied in detail. Each student will get an opportunity to design a hydraulic system and test it on "Automation Studio" a computerized hydraulic simulator.
- Learner Outcomes
- 1. The student will acquire knowledge of basic physics. The student will be able to recognize definitions for force, friction and inertia. Given a problem the student will be able to select proper formulas and perform calculations.
- 2. The student will acquire an understanding of the Hydraulic Transmission of Force and Energy. The student will be able to use the hydraulic power triangle, recognize a weighted accumulator, draw a static hydraulic system and calculate the force of a cylinder.
- 3. The student will be able to describe atmospheric pressure and its effects on pumping systems. The student will be able to recognize pump cativation and locate its cause. The student will be able to identify different types of pumps and explain their operation.
- 4. Using a hydraulic diagram, the student will be able to identify hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic motors. The student will be able to explain their operation and calculate the mechanical force that these components can develop.
- 5. Given a hydraulic diagram containing standard ANSI Y32.10 Symbols, the student will be able to identify and explain the operation of check valves, two position four way valves, three position four way valves and flow control valves.