Enhancing Your Performance Appraisal Skills
For decades corporate America has struggled to develop the “perfect” system for evaluating the performance of their employees. To date, none has been found. However, what has been discovered are certain tools and techniques that, when used appropriately, have proven effective for both employer and employee in maintaining employee productivity and morale. Participants in this workshop will have the opportunity to discuss and apply some of these tools.
- Learning Objectives: At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- 1. Define the phrase “performance management” and how this relates to performance “appraisal.”
- 2. Describe the why and how of on-going documentation of employee performance.
- 3. Apply the steps involved in preparing for the appraisal interview.
- 4. Conduct a successful appraisal interview, including appropriate follow-up.
- Program Outline:
- Welcome and Introductions
- Workshop Objectives
- Performance Management - what it is, how it relates to performance appraisal
- How and What to Document - legal implications
- Video Excerpt from The Dreaded Appraisal
- Preparing for the Interview including Self-Evaluation
- Conducting the Interview - role playing
- Wrap-up/Action Planning
Target Audience: This workshop is designed for anyone responsible for preparing and conducting annual performance reviews.
*Please note that the check should be made payable to MASCPA and mail to MASCPA, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Suite 400, York PA 17401.