Root Cause and Corrective Action for the Maintenance Manager
This course will be tailored to the Maintenance Technician and the breakdowns they typically encounter. Various root cause techniques will be discussed with hands on examples presented. Quick and practical root cause and corrective action processes will be the focus of this interactive course.
- Cost of Machinery Failures-Component, Labor and downtime costs, -Pareto Analysis
- Impending Failure Indicators-Sensory Observations, -Diagnostic Technologies
- Failed component evaluation-Information preservation, -Component observation and as-found conditions, -Failure site safety, -As-found measurements and documentation
- Personnel Interviews-Finding the right folks to ask, -Interviewing techniques, -Resolving conflicting information, -Causal factors and root causes, -Electrical systems, electronic systems, Bearings, Gears, Structural, -components, Steam systems, Other mechanical systems
- Corrective Action Plans--Identifying common component failure modes, -Task prioritization and assignment, -Restoring system to operability, -Monitoring performance indicators, -Cost-Benefit Analysis
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be received at least 5 business working days prior to class start date. Substitutions will be accepted at anytime. No shows and cancellations less than 5 business days prior to class start will be charged the advertised price for the class.