Effective Team Building
Effective teams contribute to your company’s performance and this course offers essential “how-to” knowledge on how to form and grow your team. This 12-hour program is designed for anyone who is in a supervisor/team leader position or someone who wants to learn about the stages of team growth and the communication process. The class is very interactive and includes practical tools and practice exercises.
- Course objectives:
- Learn and apply effective communication skills
- The role of an effective communicator
- Principles, styles and types of communication
- The importance of listening
- Individual listening skills short assessment
- Conflict communication
- Learn and apply the team building process
- Definition of a team
- What are the differences between a team and a group?
- Stages of team growth
- Roles of team leader & members
- Common team-related problems
- Best practices of teams
This course may be used as a short elective for our Supervisory Certificate Program.