Industrial Mechanical Maintenance II
- This 12-hour competency-based course consists of 3 objectives. At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- 1. Identify and select the proper lubricant for machine lubrications.
- Identify the lubricant hardness using NLGI lubricant number; Determine lubrication frequency; Select proper lubricant frequency for a spherical roller bearing at a certain operating RPM; Cross-reference AGMA lubricant number to SAE lubricant; Select lubricant number for a chain drive at a given temperature; Determine the cleanness of oil according to oil analysis report.
- 2. Perform parallel and series shaft alignment.
- Determine if bent shaft or coupling are bored off of center by using a dial indicator; Test for “soft foot” on a motor; Perform a 4-step dial indicator alignment; Conduct a complete serial alignment using a dynamometer; Conduct a complete alignment with a set of parallel shafts.
- 3. Check the loading on a machine and determine the root cause for overloading.
- Measure the foot pounds to break free using a force gage, lever arm, and electric brake; Calculate horsepower needed to move a load over a fixed distance; Identify and assemble the proper motor, pulleys, and belts to move a weighted object within a specific time and distance; Determine the root cause of stalling for a stalled weighted elevator.
*Please note that these classes are all sponsored by the Department of Labor. To receive the discounted price, the class participants must confidentially and securely supply their social security number. *Please note that the check should be made payable to MASCPA and mailed to MASCPA, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Suite 400, York PA 17401. .
Payment must accompany non-member registration. Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be received at least 5 business working days prior to class start date. Substitutions will be accepted at anytime. No shows and cancellations less than 5 business days prior to class start will be charged the advertised price for the class. Questions: Phone: (717) 843-3891, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org