MOLD START-UP, DEBUG AND QUALIFICATION
The Mold Start-up,Debug and Qualification course by AIM Institute is designed for anyone getting molds into production and learning how to optimize the performance of existing molds.
- Mold bench test procedures
- Mold start-up procedures
- Mold design & build checklist
- Estimating a safe start-up shot size
- Verifying machine capacity versus shot size
- How to verify turbulent flow in your cooling system
- Understanding melt density
- Fundamental plastic flow characteristics
- Videos of plastic flowing in molds
- How pressure drop affects the process & part quality
- Myths of Melt Flow Index
- How much machine variation is too much
- Common mold design pitfalls that limit your process
- Procedure for identifying Flow Groups in your molds
- Using Flow Groups to optimize mold debug & qualification
- Applying Flow Groups throughout key departments
- Hands-on lab session
Fee must accompany non-member registration.
Cancellation policies apply. Cancellations with less than a 10 business day notice or no shows will be charged full price.