AC Motors Course #150
This is an instructor led, compentency based program designed for master level electricians. The course will teach electricians to understand the operation and maintenance of three phase motors.
- Learner Outcomes
- The student will be able to associate the flow of current to the development of a magnetic field. Given a wire carrying a current in a magnetic field, the student will be able to predict the direction of motion.
- The student will comprehend how a motor accelerates up to speed and be able to calculate a motors full load speed given its pole and % slip.
- The student will be able to draw a physical diagramof a shading pole motor and dteremine the direction of motion.
- The student will be able to draw a wiring diagram of a split phase, dula voltage motor. The student will be able to reverse the direction of a split phase motor.
- The student will be able to compare starting torque of shading pole, split phase capacitor motors.
- The student will be able to calcultate motor slip and synchronous speed of a 3 phase motor.
- The student will be able to use the NEMA classification design letter to determine the proper starting torque of a motor.
- Given log-log graph paper, the student will draw fuse curves to protect a motor.
- The student will acquire knowledge of proper motor maintenance for motors and develop a test plan.