Basic Pneumatics Course #401
This is an instructor led, compentency based program designed for entry level mechanics. The course will introduce mechanics to the fundamentals of Industrial Pneumatic controls. The fundamentals pneumatic components such as valves, pneumatic actuators and accumulators are studied in detail. Each student will get an opportunity to design a pneumaitc system and test it on a Pneumatic Training Simulator.
- Learner Outcomes
- The student will acquire knowledge of basic physics. The student will be able to compare the physics of force transmission with pneumatic systems with hydraulic systems.
- The student will be able to convert pressure from an absolute pressure scale to atmospheric pressure scale.
- The student will be able to recognize components on a pneumatic schematic.
- The student will be able to diagnose and locate problems of pneumatic cylinders.
- The student will be able to diagnose and locate problems of directional control valves.
- Given an application the student will be able to size and design a cylinder to move a load.
- The student will be able to select and design the proper check valves, flow control valves, and exhaust silencers for several applications.