Mechanical Print Reading
- 1. Introduction- a. Basic Print information b. Title Blocks c. Revisions d. Scales and Tolerances
- 2. Fractions and Decimals- a. Metric versus Inch System – (steel rule) b. Math for machining and Inspection c. Micrometers and Calipers >li>3. Print Views- a. Orthographic b. Isometric Views c. Auxiliary Views d. Detail Views e. Section Views f. Exploded and Assembly Views g. Other Views h. Pictorials
- 4. Showing shapes on a Print- a. General shapes / surfaces b. Edges c. Circles, Cylinders, Arcs d. Threads e. Drilled / bored holes f. Chambers, fillets, and rounds
- 5. Print Dimensions- a. Reference Dimensions b. Inspection Dimensions c. Assembly Dimensions d. Basic Dimension
- 6. GD&T Dimensions and Tolerance
- 7. Interpreting Specific Drawings- a. Castings or Forging Drawings b. Machined Part Drawings c. Welded and Fabricated part drawings d. Assembly Drawings e. Bill of Materials (BOM) f. Assembly / Disassembly Procedures g. Flow Charts and Troubleshooting
- 8. Wrap up and Review
Date: March 23 and March 25, 2010
*Please note that these classes are all sponsored by the Department of Labor. To receive the discounted price, the class participants must confidentially and securely supply their social security number. *Please note that the check should be made payable to MASCPA and mailed to MASCPA, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Suite 400, York PA 17401. Any company interested in joining the Maintenance Consortium, please call Tammy Marcase at 717-843-3891.
Payment must accompany non-member registration. Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be received at least 5 business working days prior to class start date. Substitutions will be accepted at anytime. No shows and cancellations less than 5 business days prior to class start will be charged the advertised price for the class. Questions: Fax/Mail/Call: Tammy Marcase, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Ste 400, York, PA 17401, Phone: (717) 843-3891, Fax: (717) 854-9445, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training is supported by funding through the Department of Labor and Industry.