Tell Me How I am Doing: Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback
The ability to effectively give and receive feedback regarding an employee’s performance is one of the fundamental skills of a good supervisor. This interactive workshop is designed to explore some of these skills and better enable the supervisor to apply them in the workplace.
- Workshop Objectives: At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to
- 1. Differentiate between the various types of feedback.
- 2. Explore the reasons why we often fail to give and/or ask for feedback.
- 3. Explain the relationship between how we handle conflict and our ability to give constructive feedback.
- 4. Apply some of the best practices related to giving and receiving feedback
- Program Outline:
- Welcome and introductions
- Self-Assessment re: Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Why we might hesitate to give and/or ask for feedback
- Five primary strategies for dealing with conflict
- Best Practices: Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Practice and review
- Wrap-up and action planning
Target Audience: This workshop is designed for any individual responsible for effective feedback skills.