The intent of this course is to provide the knowledge and hands-on training necessary to master the basic techniques of soldering for electronic assemblies. Individuals will learn the necessary skills to hand solder reliable electronic assemblies. This course combines classroom lecture with a practical lab to gain hands-on training in basic soldering techniques. An ACI Technologies Certificate will be awarded to all students at the end of the course.
- This course is designed to give the students hands-on soldering experience to enhance and emphasize the lecture material. Topics that will be covered in the course include:
- Safe working procedures in hand soldering
- Solder and the soldering process including lead(Pb) and Pb-free soldering
- Purpose of flux and how to select the proper flux for your application
- Hand soldering equipment: soldering irons, tip selection, and tool maintenance
- Basic soldering techniques
- Solder joint inspection
- Cleaning processes
*Please note that this class is sponsored by the Electronics Consortium. To receive the discounted price, the class participants must confidentially and securely supply their social security number.
*Please note that the check should be made payable to MASCPA and mailed to MASCPA, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Suite 400, York PA 17401. Any company interested in joining the Electronics Consortium, please call Tammy Marcase at 717-843-3891. Payment must accompany non-member registration. Cancellation Policies Apply. Cancellations with less than five business days notice will be charged.Questions: Fax/Mail/Call: Tammy Marcase, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Ste 400, York, PA 17401, Phone – (717) 843-3891, Fax - (717) 854-9445, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is supported by funding through the Department of Labor and Industry.