Adjustable Frequency Drives
This is an advanced level course that is designed for master level electricians. The course will teach electricians to understand the operation and maintenance of Adjustable Frequency Drives. The course covers in detail the operation of and understanding of types of Adjustable Frequency Drives. The student will be introduced to Drive Fundamentals for PWM Drives. The student will apply an AF drive to an application.
- Learning Objectives:
- The student will be able to draw Block diagrams of PWM drives.
- The student will be able to define how the rotation magnetic field is generated in a standard 3 phase motor.
- The student will be able to define and eliminate reflected voltage on an AF drive system.
- The student will be able to design a cable system that will prevent motor bearing damage.
- The student will be able to select the proper stopping method for an AF Drive application.
- The student will be able to distinguish the differences between volts per hertz’s, proportional control, integral control and derivative control in a drive regulator.
- The student will wire an program an AF drive to an application, adjust and tune it for proper operation.
Fee must accompany non-member registration. No shows will be charged full price. Cancellation policies apply. Cancellations with less than five business days notice will be charged. Register By: February 16, 2012