Configuring and Administering MS SharePoint
Overview: The course teaches students how to install, configure and administer SharePoint, and also manage and monitor sites and users by using SharePoint 2010.
Who Should Attend: This course is intended for IT Professionals who are experienced Windows Server or 2dministrators and are interested in learning how to administer SharePoint 2010. The course is also intended for part time Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering line-of-business (LOB) applications in conjunction with internal business customers.
At Course Completion: After completing this course, students will be able to: - Prepare for and install SharePoint - Configure the fundamental service and logical components of a SharePoint implementation - Administer SharePoint using the user interface, the command line, and Windows PowerShell - Manage content in Lists and Libraries - Administer identities and authentication - Secure content in SharePoint sites - Manage customization to a SharePoint implementation - Configure SharePoint services and applications - Configure SharePoint social networking features - Manage SharePoint search - Configure farms, servers, service applications, and web applications - Install, upgrade, configure, and operate a SharePoint farm - Configure high availability and recoverability - Monitor and optimize SharePoint performance
Prerequisite Comments: In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have experience: •Administering Active Directory: creating and managing user and group accounts, delegation of administration, configuring Group Policy •Administering network infrastructure: DNS, TCP/IP connectivity •General conceptual awareness of Microsoft .NET Framework as it relates to SharePoint •Administering SQL Server 2005 or 2008: creating logons, assigning roles, using SQL Management Studio •One year experience using Windows PowerShell cmdlets •General security and authentication practices
- Lesson 1: Introducing SharePoint
- Lesson 2: Creating a SharePoint Intranet
- Lesson 3: Administering and Automating SharePoint
- Lesson 4: Configuring Content Management
- Lesson 5: Configuring Authentication
- Lesson 6: Securing Content
- Lesson 7: Managing SharePoint Customizations
- Lesson 8: Configuring and Securing SharePoint Services and Applications
- Lesson 9: Managing SharePoint Services and Applications
- Lesson 10: Configuring User Profiles and Social Networking
- Lesson 11: Administering SharePoint Search
- Lesson 12: Installing and Upgrading to SharePoint 2010
- Lesson 13: Implementing Business Continuity
- Lesson 14: Monitoring and Optimizing SharePoint Performance
Call the office at 717-843-3891 for a full syllabus.
Cost: $ Fee must accompany non-member registration. No shows will be charged full price.
Register By: Cancellation policies apply.
Cancellations with less than five business days notice will be charged.