Project Management Professional(PMP®) Certification Preparation
Overview: In this course, students will apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) to successfully manage projects.
Who Should Attend: This course is designed for persons who have on the job experience performing project management tasks, whether or not project manager is their formal job role, who are not certified project management professionals, and who might or might not have received formal project management training. The course is appropriate for these persons if they wish to develop professionally, increase their project management skills, apply a formalized and standards-based approach to project management, seek career advancement by moving into a formal Project Manager job role, as well as to apply for Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI®) Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification. “Project Management Professional” and “PMP” are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc. At Course Completion: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: - identify basic functions of collaboration technology and Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 team sites. - add and modify list items and work with list views. - add, edit, and share documents across libraries and wikis. - communicate and collaborate with team members. - work remotely with SharePoint content. - customize your SharePoint environment. - create a team site. - perform basic site administration.
Prerequisite(s) or equivalent knowledge:Project 2010 - Level 1, Project 2010 - Level 2, Word 2010 - Level 1, Word 2010 - Level 2
- Lesson 1: Examining Professional Project Management
- Lesson 2: Initiating a Project
- Lesson 3: Planning Project Work
- Lesson 4: Developing Project Schedules
- Lesson 5: Developing Cost Estimates and Budgets
- Lesson 6: Planning Project Quality, Staffing, and Communications
- Lesson 7: Analyzing Risks and Planning Risk Responses
- Lesson 8: Planning Project Procurement
- Lesson 9: Executing Project Work
- Lesson 10: Managing Project Procurement
- Lesson 11: Monitoring and Controlling Project Work
- Lesson 12: Monitoring and Controlling Project Schedule and Costs
- Lesson 13: Monitoring and Controlling Project Performance and Quality
- Lesson 14: Monitoring and Controlling Project Risk and Procurements
- Lesson 15: Closing the Project
Call the office at 717-843-3891 for a full syllabus.
Cost: $ Lunch is included. Fee must accompany non-member registration. No shows will be charged full price. Register By: . Cancellation policies apply. Cancellations with less than five business days notice will be charged.