Blueprint Reading And Measuring Devices
Do you need to enhance your employee’s skills in blue print reading?
This program offering is for companies that manufacture metal parts such as machine shops, sheet metal and stamping. The Manufacturers' Association has had training classes for approximately 800 employees over the last 17 years at companies in the multi-county area. The instructor is a Journeyman Machinist and has been conducting training on this topic for about 40 years.
Topics to include: Basic Shop Math ( Decimals, fractions), orthographic projection, all types of views, lines, features, dimensions, circles, angles, tolerances, and other aspects necessary to ‘read’ a manufacturing drawing. Measuring devices such as: micrometer, dial, caliper, rules & fixed gages.
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is not covered *
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Understand orthographic projections, alphabet of lines and matrices
- Understand different views and lanes
- Be familiar with features and types of dimensions, circles and angles
- Types of tolerances, surface texture, bill of materials
- know how to use common measuring devices
Register Below or
Contact the MA Training Department at 717-843-3891
Fee must accompany non-member registration. Cancellation policies apply. Cancellations with less than 10 days notice will be charged. No shows will be charged.