Hydraulics Systems Level 1
This course consists of 7 Objectives. It is a 30 hours course and is accredited for 3 CEUís. Each student must complete 100% of the objectives with a passing grade of 70% on each objective in order to be eligible for the CEUís. Their will be no partial credit given.
- 1) The student will acquire knowledge of basic physics. The student will be able to recognize definitions for force, friction and inertia. Given a problem the student will be able to select proper formulas and perform the calculations.
- 2) The student will acquire an understanding of the Hydraulic Transmission of Force and Energy. The student will be able to use the hydraulic power triangle, recognize a weighted accumulator, draw a static hydraulic system and calculate the force of a cylinder.
- 3) The student will be able to describe atmospheric pressure and its effects on pumping systems. The student will be able to recognize pump cavitation and locate its cause. The student will be able to identify different types of pumps and explain their operation.
- 4) Using a hydraulic diagram, the student will be able to identify hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic motors. The student will be able to explain their operation and calculate the mechanical force that these components can develop.
- 5) Given a hydraulic diagram containing standard ANSI Y32.10 Symbols, the student will be able identify and explain the operation of two position four way valves, three position four way valves and flow control valves. The student will be able to explain the interaction between components during system operation.
- 6) Given a hydraulic diagram, the student will be able to explain how a check valve is used and what would happen to the hydraulic system if it failed. The student will be able to recognize and explain the operation of spring loaded, weight loaded and gas charged accumulator systems. The student will be able to explain the operation and interaction of check values and accumulators.
- 7) The student will be introduced to powerful trouble-shooting techniques and will use these techniques to trouble-shoot a hydraulic System.
Cost: $ members *Please note that if you take Basic Hydraulic Systems, Basic Mechanical Systems and Basic Pneumatics you will receive an additional 10% discount
Register by : . Cancellation Policies Apply: Substitutions may be made any time. Cancellations within 5 business days of the session will be charged. No shows will be charged.