Dealing With Challenging People
The goal of this workshop is to better deal with challenging people. The principal way you can accomplish this is through honing your face-to-face problem solving skills, which include the ability to deal with aggressive and passive personality types, as well as applying strategies for diffusing a difficult situation.
- Correctly identify major personality styles based upon their use of verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Define the different types of “challenging people”.
- List and explain strategies for diffusing a verbal attack.
- Practice how to deal with aggressive people.
- Determine your strengths and weaknesses with communicating with challenging people.
- 1. Welcome & introductions
- 2. “Challenging People” – Who Are They?
- 3. Models for handling difficult situations and challenging people
- 4. Assertive, Aggressive, Non-Assertive Personalities – How to Identify Them
- 5. Self-Assessment – Which one am I?
- 6. The 10 typical types of challenging people
- 7. Key Principles/Proven Interventions
- 8. Practice Exercise
- 9. Summary and Action Planning
Target Audience: Customer Service Representatives, and Administrative Professionals