Advanced CNC Operator
This 30 hour course is designed to develop an introductory working knowledge of basic CNC, CAD/CAM programming. The student will learn the skills to program basic machine parts from CAD drawings on a computer work station, for both Machining and Turning Centers.
- COURSE OBJECTIVES-Upon completion of this course the student should develop skills to;
- Import Drawings in DXF and or SLDPRT formats.
- Understand drawing manipulation techniques in preparation for programming.
- Choose the correct cutting tools and mounting devices for the program.
- Simulate the programs on the computer
- Input the programs into the Machine Tool and test run.
- COURSE Outline
- Introduction to CAD/CAM Machining
- Importation, creation and manipulation of E-Drawings
- Process planning and tooling for Machining and Turning Centers
- 2 1/2 axis programming for machining Centers
- Two axis programming for turning Centers
For a complete syllabus please call the office at 717-843-3891.
*Please note that this class is sponsored by the Make It In America Grant. To receive the discounted price, the class participants must confidentially and securely supply their social security number. Register by: One week Prior to class. Cancellation Policies Apply: Substitutions may be made any time. Cancellations within 5 business days of the session will be charged. No shows will be charged.