AutoCAD® / AutoCAD® LT
The objective of AutoCAD®/AutoCAD® LT 2015 Fundamentals is to enable students to create a basic 2D drawing in the AutoCAD® software. Even at this fundamental level, the AutoCAD® software is one of the most sophisticated computer applications that you are likely to encounter. Therefore learning to use it can be challenging. To make the process easier and provide flexibility for instructors and students, the training guide is divided into two parts that can be taken independently.
- Part 1 (two days) covers the essential core topics for working with the AutoCAD® software. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that enable the student to create and edit a simple drawing, and then continue to develop those tools. More advanced tools are also introduced throughout the training guide. Not every command or option is covered, because the intent is to show the most essential tools and concepts, such as:
- Understanding the AutoCAD® workspace and user interface
- Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
- Organizing drawing objects on layers
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks)
- Preparing a layout to be plotted >li>Adding text, hatching, and dimensions
- Part 2 (two days) continues with more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the program. For example, here you go beyond the basic skill of inserting a block to learning how to create blocks, and beyond the basic skill of using a template to understand the process of setting up a template. You learn skills such as:
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques
- Adding parametric constraints to objects
- Creating local and global blocks
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Using advanced plotting and publishing options
Prerequisites: A working knowledge of basic design/drafting procedures and terminology and a working knowledge of your operating system
*Please note that these classes are all sponsored by the Make It In America Grant. To receive the discounted price, the class participants must confidentially and securely supply their social security number.
*Please note that the check should be made payable to MA and mailed to MA, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Suite 400, York PA 17401.
Register by: One week prior to the class.
Payment must accompany non-member registration. Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be received at least 5 business working days prior to class start date. Substitutions will be accepted at anytime. No shows and cancellations less than 5 business days prior to class start will be charged the advertised price for the class. Questions: Fax/Mail/Call: Stephanie Feinman, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Ste 400, York, PA 17401, Phone: (717) 843-3891, Fax: (717) 854-9445, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.