Revit® 2015 MEP Fundamentals
To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk® Revit® 2015 MEP Fundamentals training guide has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of MEP system from engineering design through construction documentation.
The training guide is intended to introduce students to the software’s user interface and the basic HVAC, electrical, and piping/plumbing components that make the Autodesk® Revit® software a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. The objective is to familiarize students with the tools necessary to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take you through the basics of a full MEP project from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
- Topics include:
- Introduction to Autodesk® Revit®, its interface, including viewing, drawing, and editing commands
- Working with linked architectural files
- Creating and modifying views
- Understanding MEP systems in general
- Creating spaces and zones
- Analyzing heating and cooling loads
- Working with HVAC module to add air terminals, mechanical equipment, and create HVAC systems
- Working with the Piping module to add mechanical equipment as well as creating hydronic piping systems
- Working with fixtures, piping systems, and analysis tools in the Plumbing module
- Working with fire protection systems
- Working with components, circuits, cable tray, and conduits in the Electrical module
- Creating and annotating construction documents
- Adding tags and creating schedules
- Detailing in Autodesk MEP
Prerequisites: This training guide introduces the fundamental skills in learning the Autodesk® Revit® MEP software. It is highly recommended that students have experience and knowledge in MEP engineering and its terminology.
*Please note that these classes are all sponsored by the Make It In America Grant. To receive the discounted price, the class participants must confidentially and securely supply their social security number.
*Please note that the check should be made payable to MA and mailed to MA, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Suite 400, York PA 17401.
Register by: One week prior to the start of class.
Payment must accompany non-member registration. Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be received at least 5 business working days prior to class start date. Substitutions will be accepted at anytime. No shows and cancellations less than 5 business days prior to class start will be charged the advertised price for the class. Questions: Fax/Mail/Call: Stephanie Feinman, 160 Roosevelt Ave., Ste 400, York, PA 17401, Phone: (717) 843-3891, Fax: (717) 854-9445, E-mail: email@example.com.