PLASTIC FLOW AND DESIGN ESSENTIALS FOR MOLD MAKERS AND DESIGNERS
Plastic Flow and Design Essentials for Mold Makers and Designers provides an overview of the injection molding process and what the plastic experiences as it flows through the mold. Students will learn strategies for optimizing mold cooling, gating and runner system designs.
- Overview of injection molding machines and molding process Molding terminology Understanding plastics and plastic flow characteristics
- Videos of plastic flowing in molds Understanding viscosity
- Understanding pressure drop
- Effect of tolerances on plastic flow
- How much gate variation is too much
- Series versus parallel mold cooling
- Strategies for optimizing mold cooling designs
- How to verify turbulent flow in cooling lines
- Types of hot and cold runner systems
- Runner sizing techniques
- Gate design and location strategies
- Cold slug wells and venting
- Clamp tonnage estimations
- Mold design practices that create variations
Times: 8 am - 5 pm
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be received at least 10 business working days prior to class start date. Substitutions will be accepted at anytime.
No shows and cancellations less than10 business days prior to class start will be charged the advertised price for the class.