Course Title:Advanced Motor and Drive Controls
This course will teach the student to troubleshoot complex relay control circuits. The student will be timed will finding bugs that the instructors will install in control panels.
The student will improve their troubleshooting techniques by simulation software. The student will be introduced to new techniques for locating blown fuse problems and will test their knowledge using circuit fault simulation software.
• Design circuits from functional descriptions.
• The student will wire a circuit of their own design.
• Design and wire circuits using pneumatic and motor driven timers.
• The student will design, wire, and troubleshoot several timer circuits.
• The student will complete a timed final test on their troubleshooting skills using a portable machine tool that employs timers.