Course Title:Adjustable Frequency Drives
Trade & Technical
This course covers in detail the operation and understanding of type of Adjustable Frequency Drives. The student will be introduced to Drive Fundamentals for VVI, CSI, PWM, and Flux Vector Drives.
• Draw Block Diagrams of VVI, CSI, PWM, and Flux Vector Drives
• Draw a diagram showing the operation of an AF Drive working in all 4 quadrants.
• Eliminating reflected voltage on an AF Drive System.
• Designing a cable system that will prevent motor system damage.
• Selecting the proper stopping method for an AF drive application.
• Distinguishing the differences between proportional control, integral control, and derivative control in a
• The student will apply an AF drive to an application, adjust and tune it for proper operation.