Next Gen Sector Partnerships are business-led and community supported. This broad team of public support partners include K-12 educators, community colleges, workforce development boards, economic development organizations and others who work together to jointly respond to industry needs. They tackle a range of issues including improving the workforce pipeline, aligning training with industry needs, improving infrastructure, addressing regulatory barriers or facilitating business-to-business networking. The agenda is defined by business leaders, addressing the specific issues that matter most to their industry in their region.
Opportunities Drive Growth in Manufacturing!
In November of 2018 southcentral PA launched a Manufacturing Next Gen Industry Partnership led by manufacturers across from across the region. The employer chairs, or Co-Champions, of the Partnership are Phoenix Contact and Weldon Solutions – with many other manufacturers participating. The partnership is facilitated by the Manufacturers Association in partnership with the Southcentral PA Workforce Development Board, Economic Development Organizations (PREP) and Educational partners through the York County Alliance for Learning and the Partnership for Career Development. After the initial launch meeting the employers identify three critical issues that will position the industry for future success:
- Business to Business Connections – facilitate the sharing of best practices across manufacturers, which includes company tours and a networking portal.
- Promote Manufacturing Careers – promotes the need for skilled manufacturing workers and encourages students to pursue careers in manufacturing.
- Talent Management:
- Improve Technical Training – aligns educational programs with the needs of manufacturers so that students gain the right skills and experiences to be successful in manufacturing!
- Grow and Retain Experienced Workers – facilitate technology training programs to help workers keep pace with technology adoption and have opportunities between junior and senior employees to pass on skilled knowledge.
INITIATIVE SPOTLIGHT: Manufacturing Careers Campaign
- Employers worked together to create marketing videos that highlighted different careers, manufacturers and employees to demonstrated the varied opportunities in manufacturing. A marketing campaign was launched in fall 2020 to promote these videos and change the image of manufacturing – high tech, high pay and a life long challenging career.
- Help support manufacturing careers in southcentral PA – sponsor our social media campaign and promote your company. to the future workforce.
- Check out all of our career videos on the the career website: iExplore Manufacturing Careers
To learn more about this national movement, please view this introductory video which is designed to introduce business leaders to Next Gen Sector Partnerships, describing what these partnerships accomplish and how they help business leaders tackle common challenges impacting the competitiveness of their industry.
Interested in joining? Email email@example.com and include company contact and information