- This event has passed.
May 18 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This 30 hour course is designed to develop an introductory knowledge of basic CAD/CAM programming in MasterCam. The student will learn basic skills to program machine parts for Turning and Milling Machining Centers from CAD drawings on computer work stations.
Upon completion of this course the student should have developed skills to:
- Import Drawings in 2D DXF formats and 3D Solid Formats
- Understand drawing manipulation and Chaining techniques in preparation for programming.
- Choose correct cutting tools and mounting devices for machining parts.
- Create simple programs for machining and Turning centers on a CAD/CAM computer workstation
- Simulate programs and check for errors
- Output and store programs in EIA “G” code format
Introduction to CAD/CAM Machining using MasterCam- Programming Software , Discuss CAD/CAM software technology, Applications to industry
Importation, creation and manipulation of E-Drawings- 2D DXF and 3D Solid Format drawing importation, 2D drawing geometry creation, Dimensioning
Process planning and tooling for Machining and Turning Centers -Program planning, Set up sheets, CNC tooling, Work holding Devices
Create 3 axis programs for Machining Centers and 2 Axis programs for Turning Centers -Work coordinate systems, Feature creation, Tool Path creation and Chaining, Absolute and incremental programming, Program simulation, Program exportation in EIA Code and storage, Programming examples and labs
Date: May 18- June 20, 2023
Times: 6-9 pm , Tuesday & Thursdays
Location: MA Training Center-3405 Board Road, York PA 17406
Non Member: $795