This course will be offered virtually through live online instruction.
Students will be able to use the online hands on virtual lab with a live instructor.
This thirty-two hour, four-day training program provides students with hands-on experience in troubleshooting and maintenance the PowerFlex 750 Series (the 753 & the 755) Variable Frequency AC Drive systems.
Skills to interface with these drives are developed with the use of the Human Interface Module, DriveExplorer & DriveExecutive software.
In addition to learning how to set up and replace a drive, students will learn how to check & set parameters for normal operation and for troubleshooting.
Students will locate power, signal and control terminals, monitor drive conditions, clear faults and be able to troubleshoot drive problems and perform preventative maintenance procedures.
- Identifying PowerFlex 755 Drive components
- Wiring Power to the Drive
- Wiring I/O to the Drive
- Configuring Digital and Analog I/O
- Performing PowerFlex 755 Drive Pre-Power and Power-On Checks
- Configuring the Drive using Start-Up
- Autotuning the Drive and Entering Motor Nameplate Data
- Modifying and Monitoring PowerFlex 755 Drive Parameters
- Configuring Drive Parameters Using the LCD HIM
- Configuring Drive Parameters Using DriveExplorer Software
- Configuring Drive Parameters Using DriveExecutive Software
- Uploading and Downloading Drive Data
- Using Links to configure the Drive
- Controlling Drive Operation
- Discussion of Drive System Safety Integration
- Exercises – Safety, Speed Mode,, Latch & Unlatch,- Safe Off
- Drive to PLC Communications (Ethernet)
- Installing and Configuring a Communications Adapter
- Establishing Communications with a PLC Processor
- Troubleshooting PowerFlex 755 Drive System Problems
- Diagnosing and Troubleshooting Drive Problems
- Troubleshooting Drive System Problems
Students will need to have a computer/laptop, headset is preferred for easier communication.
Date: December 14-17
Times: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Member Cost: $900
NON Member: $1,300
Fee must accompany non-member registration. Cancellation policies apply. Cancellations with less than 10 days notice will be charged. No shows will be charged.